Saturday, November 7, 2015

My Thoughts on "cutting people off"


There are a variety of reasons why we decide to "cut someone off"

My guess is we have all been in situations where we decided it was best to walk away from certain people.
Perhaps, after being around them a few times, you realize your ideals and theirs simply don't match.
You realize that you are an optimist and they are a pessimist.
You realize that they are okay with going after someone in a relationship and you're not.
You realize you believe in God and and they don't.
You get my drift, of course, the list goes on and on.

I believe it is one's prerogative to decide that it's best not have someone in his/her life for whatever reason.
I do believe if you have been around a person for an extended time and things begin to fall apart, for whatever reason, one should give it some thought before walking away.

So, you're saying Rachel, I did give it plenty of thought and probably should have walked away a long time ago.
Hey, you're the one calling the shots or should be the one calling the shots when it comes to your life.

Here's where we may disagree, I think it is important to someone know why you are walking away. The person may have no idea what is going and is left confused and in the dark otherwise.
By letting the person know, you are putting he/she in a position where he/she can analyze the situation and get some closure.
Besides, I think it will help you feel better that you're able to get it off your chest and say what is on your mind.
I am firm believer in talking a situation out. Sure, it may not always be right away because hey I'm human, but I will generally come back around and try to talk it out.

So, my thought is let the person know why you are walking away and then go ahead and start cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment