Monday, November 9, 2015

What happened between us stays between us

So, this blog post is inspired by two celebrities who dated and broke up and are now both dogging each other all over social media.
She said this and he said that and then everyone chimes in, including me but not in a way where I'm giving either of them props.

Now, my thought is if a relationships ends between you and I, then all intimate details stay between us.
The only time I believe one should be discussing a past relationship is if the person was abusive in some form.
However, discussing sexual positions and personal details that the person you were once with shared with you confidentially is pathetic.
It gets worse, suddenly because the relationship ended, you're bashing the persons looks, but they were attractive enough for you then? Silly!
I don't subscribe to it and it is unlikely that you will hear an ex of mine saying I aired out their dirty laundry.

I've always had the thought that if someone is going to discuss personal details they once shared with someone they cared about, then I don't trust them. I take that as a warning sign to go in the other direction.
You see, I've lived and I've learned this.
If someone bad mouths their ex to you, shut it down and go in other direction.
Generally, if someone asks, what happens between an ex and I, my response is, it didn't work or we both messed up.

Class is something money can't buy. Class is something that is instilled in us from an early age and while no one is perfect, I always hear my mom in my ear saying, take the high road.

No comments:

Post a Comment