Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Day

Welcome to 2016, the start of  a new year has arrived.
I want to wish everyone who is working hard to achieve their dreams much success. I hope you will achieve them sooner than later.
As for me, I'm wondering if I should stay here in the tri-state or make a move.
Is the New York scene for me at this moment in time? Am I the only one who can answer that.?

I have my family here, but this music dream is one that I'm chasing alone.
At one time, I found love here but lately all I feel is despair.
I suppose I will feel that as long as I'm sitting in a 9 to 5 chair.
I would have been better off there where I walked away from, but only because you were there.
It turns out you didn't care.
Pardon me for being honest, because after all, it's not just the start of a new year, but it's happy new year.
It's perhaps you wishing that it turns out to be a happy one or being presumptuous enough to say "happy" when one may be feeling anything but...

It's all a state of mind.
We control our happiness right? Everyone has set backs and we cannot allow them to overtake us.
Everything is temporary, so it will be never stay up and it will never stay down. My advice to myself is to take it all in stride. What are your goals for the new year?
I want to be in a self sustaining business and I'm in the words of India Arie, "ready for love"

Anyway, cheers to us making it to see another day and let's make a conscious effort to make every day the best day it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment